To apply for a Postdoc position in the Laboratory for Temporal Logic you must:
- Have an earned PhD in Computer Science or a related subject at the time you start the position;
- Be fluent in English, and have good abilities to work in an international setting;
- Email an updated CV, with three references and a cover letter to the PI (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A Postdoctoral Position Offers the Following Opportunities:
- Research related to Specification Logics and Runtime Verification, including novel extensions of R2U2. See award abstract here.
- Research related to Symbolic Model Checking techniques, including novel model checking algorithms and encodings. See award abstract here.
- If desired, there are several opportunities for growing the teaching section of the postdoc’s CV; please specify if you want to explore this option. Possible courses for teaching experiences include a junior-level undergraduate C programming course on robust software engineering practices, numerical algorithms, and good code documentation in LaTeX; or an advanced course in Applied Formal Methods. ISU Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning offers many opportunities for postdocs to learn state-of-the-art teaching best-practices. The ISU Center for Communication Excellence offers individualized training in written and oral communication skills to improve the quality of papers, proposals, and oral presentations. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance a CV for future academic positions.